Monday, October 6, 2008

Keating 5? Obama Should See What Robert Bennett Said

By: SW

RK wrote that Obama plans to bring up the Keating 5 matter to attack McCain. Anne Coulter wrote the following, quoting the Democrat lawyer who investigated this matter and concluded that McCain was 100% honest in his dealing in the matter:

The Senate Ethics Committee lawyer who investigated McCain already had explained that scandal away -- repeatedly. It was celebrated lawyer Robert Bennett, most famous for defending a certain horny hick president a few years ago.In February this year, on Fox News' "Hannity and Colmes," Bennett said, for the eight billionth time:"First, I should tell your listeners I'm a registered Democrat, so I'm not on (McCain's) side of a lot of issues. But I investigated John McCain for a year and a half, at least, when I was special counsel to the Senate Ethics Committee in the Keating Five. ... And if there is one thing I am absolutely confident of, it is John McCain is an honest man. I recommended to the Senate Ethics Committee that he be cut out of the case, that there was no evidence against him."

No comments: